Monday, April 7, 2008

First time for everything...

Today was my first day on a set for an infomercial! We just shot the before and after pictures today and then on Wednesday we actually shoot lines.

I felt so awkward all day since I was told to arrive at the shoot sans makeup. This meant that I went to work without my "mask" on. Truly, I have no real qualms going to work without anything on my skin but they emphasized make-up free eyes (since this infomercial is for eyelash extensions). I think they wanted a dramatic before & after shot and let me tell you... they got just that! My "before" appearance was a little, less-than-fresh.

I was wondering if they were going to go for the traditional "before shot" and have me painfully depressed looking, like if I didn't encounter these eyelash extension folks I would have taken a long drive off of a short pier? No, they didn't really go there. I think that they just didn't frown on me looking a little rough around the edges, and I was! I had been rushing around since I actually got lost. My original intention was to show up 30 mins early but I was only 10 mins early. This doesn't seem horrible but my agents never fail to remind that we must arrive at least 15 mins early.

I knew all but one of the four makeup artists there, from previous projects. Shelly-Ray from shooting headshots with Kelsey Edwards and also from shooting for Denio's, Cherie from the California Chamber of Commerce video, Melissa from my first My58 commercial. Fun seeing everyone again!

Here is a snap shot of the delectable lashes:



In regards to detail, all I know is that the product is called "Glamour Eyes" and it is set for 1 year of broadcast television. Keep ya posted.

1 comment:

Ross Pruden said...

Ha ha, no way! I know Shelly-Ray from a infomercial for the DMV and Melissa from two other projects. Fun peeps, too!