Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dew follow your dreams!

At the PCS Cast and Crew Call, a lady by the name of Donya Wicken walked up to me and asked me if I had ever done plays. She proceeded to tell me about a small theater in downtown Sac called The Thistle Dew (a dessert theater) where Donya showed her work. She asked if I would be interested in playing the teen version of one of her leads in a play she had written called "Mrs. Teach's Washday Miracle". Donya then invited me to come and watch the scripted readings and workshop on Monday nights. I went and loved every moment. After each scripted reading, the writer sits up on stage to answer questions, listen to suggestions and receive general feedback (not on the acting but on their actual piece). People were open, honest, caring and critical. I was so impressed and blown away by it all, that I immediately agreed to be a part of Donya's play. Performance is set for June 15th and 16th. What a trip, I haven't been a part of a play since Jr High! (9th grade Drama Speech English with Dottie Bonneau)

The Thistle Dew is this small 39 seat theater located in the lower level of a Victorian house in downtown Sacramento. http://www.thistle-dew.net/

No comments: