Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thank you Michelle!

I remember watching an interview with Kelly Clarkson, the first American Idol winner. She was talking about how a friend of her's presented a pre-filled document and all Kelly had to do was sign her name. This document got her in to audition for American Idol. Sure, she didn't make it through the first time around but she pushed on and well... you know how the story goes.

Watching that interview reminded me of my dear friend Michelle Thompson. Michelle is one of those wonder women who do it all. She is an amazing mother of two, loving wife, fabulous actress, savvy entrepreneur, phenomenal dance choreographer/instructor and one of my best friends (yes, the last one probably zaps her energy the most). Well, Michelle mentioned the PCS Cast and Crew Call and suggested I just cruise with. We made it out there, listened to the 10 writers/directors explain their projects and then met with each one individually, and I dropped off my resume and headshot. It was a lot of fun meeting all this local talent!

Of the ten projects that were to be produced, I received a call back from six of the ten directors.
After scheduling shoot dates, rehearsals, production meetings etc. around work, auditions and other projects (like eating and sleeping) I had to bow out of two of the shorts. So six became four. FOUR! That is SO AWESOME! Details to follow on each individual project: Kindred by Scott Howe, Relationships by Keven Nguyen, Home School by Stephen Darmstandler and Being Lisa by Becca Louisell.


Whispers:
Thanks again Michelle!

No comments: