Monday, August 6, 2007

Kashi commercial

Shot a commercial for Kashi this weekend. You know Kashi, it's the healthy cereal and healthy snacks company!

Call time was 6:30am and I was impressed with all of the equipment and trailers that were out there! Then I saw the craft services and I was blown away. Breakfast was Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit salad, coffee, every juice you can think of and then some.

In between breakfast and lunch, while we were shooting we had a guy walking around with a tray strapped to him filled with sliced watermelon and a huge bowl of peanut butter to dip the celery sticks into.

Next time around he was handing out three different kinds of cheese, Salami, two different kinds of crackers and artichoke dip. After a chicken, tri-tip, black pilaf rice, Corn on the cob (sliced into 1" rounds), roasted veggies and fruit salad lunch he walked around handing out iced mochas on the set.

Oh and did I mention that brownies, cookies, dried fruits, nuts and every other snack and drink on the planet were readily available throughout the day? Yes.

I met a lot of cool actors that day, some that had been on the scene for years and some that were just starting out. I brought my camera with me, took a few shots and then the battery died, doh! I was bummed, but luckily I made a new friend that day, Script Supervisor Ross Pruden and he posted pictures on his blog and talked about the shoot as well. So be sure to go and check it out (he is SO much better with words than I am)!

It was a long and hot day, I overheard that it reached a temperature of 104 degrees that afternoon and I don't doubt it for a moment. We wrapped at 5:30pm.

The commercial is set air on August 27th (cable channels such as Discovery and Food Network). I heard that it will be in 10 different markets all over California so, from San Diego up to us and the Bay Area. I must mention however that I do not yet know how much or how little I will be in it. It was just an honor to be a part of the project!

1 comment:

Ross Pruden said...

You are too kind... but don't sell yourself short, either: you write very well, too!