Sunday, September 23, 2007

His Shortest Apposition...

I had the honor of working on a Ross Pruden Film today called “My Shortest Apposition”. Ross presented the idea a few weeks ago and I immediately jumped at the chance to be Script Supervisor (a.k.a “Scripty”). If you read below about the Kashi Shoot (August 6th post) then you read about the day that I met Ross.

When I walked through the door at about 6:45am I got to meet his muse, adorable daughter Zoe. No joke, this child (who I believe to be about 4 months old) is hands down one of the most gorgeous and well mannered babies I have ever seen and met, step off Gerber Baby, Zoe’s in town! I also had the privilege of meeting Ross’ partners in crime, Hans Sperling (DP) & Josh Porter (AD). Kindred spirits, we sat in the living room chatting and just hit it off. Last of the crew I met was Ross’ wife, Tracie. Let me tell you about how amazing Tracie is. After a night of little and broken sleep, Tracie hooked up the most amazing breakfast and contagious smile (all with Zoe on her hip). When a special request for breakfast burritos fell through, Tracie improvised and whipped up the most delicious breakfast sandwich herself, for all five of us (and within minutes)! I was telling the crew that if it were me “trying” to cook… They’d be waiting for a minimum of two hours and not only would it taste like cardboard but it would also be cold.

Ross was great to work with and the script that he created was brilliant. If you check out his blog , you can read about his vision amongst other things. I really hope that he'll keep me in mind for future projects.


The shoot went really well and everyone made me feel very comfortable about my limited knowledge and experience as a crew member.

Of course I am excited to see the finished product, however I am equally if not more stoked about the experience all together. What an awesome day!

No comments: